Aktivitetskalender DnsCB

Her kan du lese om hva som skjer ved DnsCB, eller legge inn aktiviteter som foregår innenfor kultur og idrett i nærområdet.

Du er ikke logget inn.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 26-12-2017 11:24:33

ying1993
Poster: 2940

A month-long training window has ensured title-leading Australian Tyle

A month-long training window has ensured title-leading Australian Tyler Wright the best possible preparation for the next stop of the World Surf League in California.Wright holds a slim 550-point lead over Courtney Conlogue of the US with four events remaining, and has spent the past few weeks training at Lower Trestles - near Los Angeles - ahead of Wednesdays event.I am feeling strong and ready, she said.Ive spent the last couple of months training and working on boards.I have had a lot more time to prepare and be comfortable in various conditions.Wright was knocked out in the semi-finals of the US Open of Surf in California in late July.Shell face fellow Australian Nikki Van Dijk and Hawaiian Bethany Hamilton in her opening round.She has reached the quarter-finals in her only two visits to Lower Trestles, but is confident she will progress beyond the last eight this time around.My plan is to win every heat and win every final, Wright said.It is a very tough draw, but I like that.There are definitely two talented surfers going after the world title, but it is irrelevant to what I do because we are on opposite sides of the draw.Fellow Australian and No.5 on the leaderboard, Sally Fitzgibbons, faces the highly-rated Lakey Peterson of the US and Hawaiian Malia Manuel in the opening heat while Laura Enever can do Wright a favour as she faces Conlogue in her heat.Australians Stephanie Gilmore and Keely Andrew then match up in the final opening-round heat with Johanne Defay of France.Meanwhile, Australian Matt Wilkinson will need to make his first quarter-final at Lower Trestles if hes to reclaim his championship lead from Hawaiian John John Florence.Wilkinson has slipped 3900 points behind Florence, and with Brazilian Gabriel Medina hot on his heels in third, he desperately needs to produce a strong showing in the fourth-last event of the year.I love surfing out here even though I havent had a huge result, but that kind of number hasnt stopped me this year, Wilkinson said.Mick Fanning is also back for the meet after skipping the most recent event in Tahiti and will contest close friend Joel Parkinson in his first heat.Australias world No.4 Adrian Buchan comes up against countryman Kai Otton and Brazils Miguel Pupo in his opening round, while Julian Wilson, Ryan Callianan, Adam Melling, Davey Cathels, Matt Banting, Jack Freestone, Josh Kerr and Stuart Kennedy take the Aussie contingent to 13 in the mens competition. Dallas Thomas Jersey . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Derek Barnett Jersey . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. http://www.eaglesrookiesproshop.com/don … es-jersey/ . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Terrence Brooks Jersey .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Jason Kelce Jersey . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Latvia will not send its skeleton athletes to this seasons world championships in Sochi, the first such announcement by any national team in response to the Russian doping scandal.The world championships for bobsled and skeleton are scheduled to be held on the 2014 Olympic track Feb. 13-26. A number of athletes, including some past Olympic medalists from the U.S. and Britain, have said in recent weeks that they will consider skipping worlds unless officials move the event out of Russia.But no other national team had taken such an official stance, until Sunday.Enough is enough, the Latvian skeleton team said in a statement.If worlds are going to be moved out of Sochi, a decision by the International Bobsled and Skeleton Federation would have to come quickly. The IBSF said it will act promptly and decisively after World Anti-Doping Agency investigator Richard McLarens latest report detailing the scope of the doping program in Russia was released on Friday.U.S. officials have said they will support any American athlete who chooses not to race in Sochi.Among the concerns some sliders have expressed about going back to Russia is a fear that food and beverage supplies could be tampered with and that athletes could unknowingly ingest a banned substance. If they were subsequently tested and that test came back positive, they would likely be ineligible to compete in the 2018 Olympics.The Russians are scheduled to compete this weekend in a World Cup bobsled and skeleton competition in Lake Placid, New York, as are sliders from mostt other nations on the circuit.ddddddddddddI want to compete in a World Championships thats drug free and safe for all, U.S. womens bobsled pilot Elana Meyers Taylor said on Twitter. Sochi, Russia, is not an option.The British Bobsled and Skeleton Federation is among those taking a wait-and-see approach for now, not making any decisions until the IBSF decides whether worlds should be moved.I hope too that they will want to join the fight, said Lizzy Yarnold, the Olympic womens skeleton gold medalist from Britain.Latvia has seven Winter Olympic medals in its history -- all of them in sliding sports. The Latvian team is led by Martins Dukurs, the seven-time defending World Cup overall champion who has gotten silver medals at the past two Olympics. At the Sochi Games in 2014, Dukurs entered as a gold-medal favorite but was beaten by Russias Aleksandr Tretyakov.McLarens report released on Friday said that Russians who won 15 medals in Sochi had their drug-testing samples tampered with, including two athletes who won four gold medals. McLarens report did not include names.While our international federation is still going to read and digest the report, we will do what we can, the Latvian skeleton team wrote. We will be glad to race in World Championships at any track of the world, but we are not participating in World Championships in Sochi, Russia -- a place where Olympic spirit was stolen in 2014. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Avlogget

26-12-2017 11:24:33

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Forum-bunn