Aktivitetskalender DnsCB

Her kan du lese om hva som skjer ved DnsCB, eller legge inn aktiviteter som foregår innenfor kultur og idrett i nærområdet.

Du er ikke logget inn.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 26-12-2017 11:15:54

ying1993
Poster: 2940

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Ask the Arizona Cardinals how running back David Jo

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Ask the Arizona Cardinals how running back David Johnson looks at training camp, and youd think youd just asked somebody about their buried treasure.Man ... people dont know, tight end Darren Fells said. But theyre going to know.Im afraid to say it, coach Bruce Arians said, because then hell get hurt.I dont even want to talk about what Ive seen from David Johnson, because I dont want to jinx it, general manager Steve Keim said. Its scary.Johnson was plenty scary last year, when he had 13 touchdowns as a rookie -- eight rushing, four receiving and one kick return for good measure. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry, and over his final seven games -- five in the regular season and two in the playoffs -- he averaged 135 yards from scrimmage per game.But those arent the only reasons for the rattlesnake-caliber buzz swirling around Johnson in the Arizona desert. Something about the Cardinals 2015 third-round pick feels even more exciting this year.Hes got rare and unusual skills Ive never seen in a back, where hes got an erect running style, yet at the same time he has tremendous lower flexibility and lateral quickness, Keim said. So thats a weird combination, because usually those taller, upright guys are kind of straight-legged and stiff. This guys got an unusual knack of being able to pick and slide and do some things laterally. And then his receiving and ball skills are second to none.I mean, probably the best receiving back Ive seen.Like ... ever?A lot of people have compared him to Marshall Faulk, and our coaches had Marshall Faulk in Indy, Keim said. I think hes very similar in some ways athletically and in terms of ball-catching skills to Marshall.Pretty lofty stuff. Fortunately, its not the stuff that seems to be filtering its way to Johnsons own ears. A couple of weeks ago, Johnson stopped for an interview after a tough practice. Hed missed a blitz pickup and spent the rest of the practice with Arians screaming at him about it.Yeah, I just got yelled at, Johnson said. Just so mad at myself for doing it, because I thought I was getting better and learning a lot more, and I think it was just one of those things I might have just overlooked and just assumed. I always have to be ready for that.Good to keep em humble, obviously, and the way Johnson is ripping up practices and preseason games, its important to make sure he doesnt get too happy about all of his success too quickly. Fortunately for the Cardinals, Johnson seems to be the sort who gets the message when Arians sends it.Hes a tough coach to play for, because he wants it a certain way, Johnson said. Every play he makes is set for that certain defense. Theres always a route or theres always a play that we should be able to win with against that defense. And usually, most of the time, I was talking to the players, and they say its the players that mess up. So hes really tough on us, especially me, because he wants Carson Palmer protected. They dont care how good you are. If you cant protect this quarterback, you arent getting on this field. That was literally the first thing he ever said to me.So theres the thing that could potentially hold Johnson back. You cant score touchdowns if you cant get on the field. But if he can stay on that field, look out. Hes put on five pounds to get up to 229, which should help him run with more power between the tackles. Not even Keim thought the running back would be great at that when he drafted him. Go back a year, and Andre Ellington and Chris Johnson were ahead of Johnson on the depth chart.I thought he was a much more gifted pass-catcher than he was a runner, Keim said. And I see the thing hes probably improved on the most is his inside running skills -- being a taller guy and being able to run behind his pads and finish between the tackles. That was the concern with him being an upright runner -- can he run with his size or is he going to be a finesse perimeter guy? Hes shown us the ability to do both, and hes gotten better and better.So this might be the time for David Johnson. Maybe a year ago, he admits himself, he wouldnt have been ready for the opportunity to be the full-time starter. Missing a blitz pickup assignment in October has far more dire consequences than missing one on Aug. 4, when the defense isnt allowed to hit your quarterback. Maybe right out of Northern Iowa, before hed figured out how to deploy his unique and considerable skills against hyper-speedy NFL defenses, hed have had a rough time. Maybe now is the perfect time for David Johnson to happen.Me being able to play last year and knowing how the NFL is, the atmosphere of NFL games, its a lot easier, Johnson said. Im a lot more comfortable coming in and getting ready for my second season. And hopefully I can continue to get better and continue to improve.All this sounds very exciting to the Cardinals, their fans and anyone fortunate enough to have snagged Johnson early last year in a fantasy keeper league.Just, you know ... dont tell anyone. Marcus Foligno Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Custom Buffalo Sabres Jerseys .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http://www.hockeysabresproshop.com/Sabr … as-Jersey/ .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Pierre Turgeon Jersey . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Alexander Mogilny Jersey . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Before the New York Rangers visited the Washington Capitals on Saturday night, coach Alain Vigneault said his club had played well enough to be undefeated.We could easily be sitting here 4-0 the way we played in those games, both offensively and defensively, he said of his 2-2 club. But I like the way our team is playing. ... with any type of luck or finish, our record would be different right now.Vigneault may have been on to something as the Rangers rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Capitals 4-2 at Verizon Center less than 24 hours before hosting the rested and waiting Arizona Coyotes at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night.The Rangers two losses this season were a one-goal setback in St. Louis in which they outshot the Blues 15-0 in the third period but could not find the tying goal and a one-goal defeat at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings, who were buoyed by a brilliant performance by goaltender Jimmy Howard.Against the Capitals, a team many experts think can win a Stanley Cup this year, the Rangers showed again why their coach has so much faith in them.I love the way we won this game, Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist said. The way we battled back, the way we believe in our system. I thought we played a really strong game.The Coyotes (1-3-0) are hardly in the same class as the Capitals, but have the luxury of facing the Rangers following a day off Saturday. Thats about all that is working in the favor of the Coyotes, who have dropped three straight to start a six-game road trip, including a 3-2 loss in Brooklyn to the Islanders on Friday.Backup goaltender Louis Domingue has been in net for all three losses with starter Mike Smith on the shelf wwith a left knee injury he suffered in the Coyotes second game of the season.dddddddddddd Domingue may get his fourth straight start Sunday, and enters the contest having allowed eight goals on his past 70 shots.But coach Dave Tippett was non-committal after the loss to the Islanders.He made some good saves, some tough saves, Tippett told the Arizona Republic. But well re-evaluate after this game and see where we go on Sunday.The goaltending has been an issue but so has scoring. Through four games, depth players Brad Richardson and Jordan Martinook are tied for the team lead in goals and points with two and four, respectively. Meanwhile, talented forwards Max Domi, Anthony Duclair and Martin Hanzal have combined for one goal and two assists.I think we have to compete a little bit harder and get shots through the net, go back to the basic stuff because were trying to make a lot of plays in sweet places and it doesnt work, Hanzal told the Arizona Republic. We have to get shots through to the net and bodies to the net. We havent been doing that, and thats why we havent scored enough goals.Getting more traffic and shots to the net may be difficult against the Rangers, who have held teams to an average of 24.6 shots per game, the fourth-best mark in the league.We have to find a way, Hanzal said. We have to turn this around, and it starts next game. Everybody has to chip in. Everybody has to be on the same page, and everybody -- every single guy throughout the whole lineup -- has to work hard every single night or we dont have a chance. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Avlogget

26-12-2017 11:15:54

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Forum-bunn